Shop for artwork based on themed collections. Each image may be purchased as a canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more! Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Each image may be purchased as a canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more! Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
132 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
118 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
158 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
150 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
149 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
155 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
141 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
147 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
175 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
135 by Devakrishna Marco Giollo
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 10
About Devakrishna Marco Giollo
Devakrishna Marco Giollo was born in Bellinzona, Ticino, Switzerland in 1953.
- 1969 he studied at the Architect School STS of Trevano.
- 1970 in Lugano he joined the School of Art CSIA, where he got trained with some of the best contemporary
artists and teachers.
- 1973 he won the second prize for sculpture at the Villa Saroli Exhibition
- 1974 he won the Bariffi Prize and one of his works was accepted and produced in the size of 3 x 15 meters
sculpture at one of the 2 restaurants of the Congress House of Lugano.
After that he travelled all over the world, from Oregon to California, from New York to Sydney, and from Singapore to Hong Kong, exhibiting a variety of new styles of work in many countries.
- 2000 he returned to Europe, first to Freiburg, Germany.
- 2003 back to Switzerland where he now lives and works in his two ateliers in Schoenenbuch and Magadino.
- 2003 and 2004 he won the second price of the Landfall Art Center recycling art competition in Alberoni, Lido di Venezia, Italy.
Giollo’s art is more concerned with beauty and a peaceful, silent space of meditation. It is this dimension, in stark contrast to the art-worlds ’pretensions' of constant ‘novelty’ and ‘meaning’, which he hopes to share.
As he himself says:
"For me painting is a meditative act.
When I paint I am totally lost in the act of painting. It is a ’no- mind’ experience.
What I am left with afterwards is a canvas that wants to go, wants to make someone or some place happy.
When that happens I feel honoured and grateful; I feel I gave a little something, a little beauty to the world."
1969 - 1970 STS Architects School, Trevano, Switzerland
1970 - 1974 CSIA - Art School, Lugano’ Switzerland
1976 - 1998 Art & Music Osho Multiversity, Australia, USA, India
1999 - 2003 Giollo Art – Freiburg, Germany
2003 till now Giollo Art - Schönenbuch BL - Magadino TI – Switzerland